Monday, July 16, 2007

Out and About

The day after Bell broke her arm she came down with a nasty bug, or actually several nasty bugs (a rather heady cocktail of ear infection, croupe, roseola and a nasty viral flu that's infecting Australia at the moment!) in an effort to cheer her up (and distract her from her many woes!) Lara and I rugged her up well and took her to Watson's Bay for some sandcastle making. After some initial fear of the big, wet, splashy side of the beach she soon cheered up and had some one-armed fun in the sand!

A bit of a grey Winter outlook!


Observing the 'big, wet thing'!
A little sandcastle building ditty!
It's pretty tricky getting up without two arms ... easy now ...!
See ... nothin' to it when you're an expert!
... now I've mastered standing up time for some walking-in-dry-sand!
and for the grand finale: standing on a loose-wooden-board-on-top-of-a-flattened-sand-castle ... no easy stunt!
Mmm I wonder if this sand stuff tastes any good ...

(I think Lara's trying to stop her 'drinking' not feeding her sand!)
Nope! Even worse than broccoli!
Sadly litt' Bell spent the next week popping in and out of hospital with a high fever and dehydration but 48 hours on a drip and antibiotics seemed to do the trick! With a little more liveliness Bell hit the playground again this weekend happy to show the world it's just as easy to negotiate your way around playground equipment one-armed as it is the perils of the sand dunes!


Mmm I'm pretty sure if I twiddle this nob water'll appear somewhere ...
Anything yet?!
Nope! Obviously needs a firmer push!
Come on, is this thing broken or what?!
You know this climbing-the-fence malarky is tricker than I remember, maybe I'll come and try this one again next weekend!

No comments: